Sunday, December 18, 2011

Another year older

Yesterday day was my birthday.  Since I have hit all the cool milestone birthdays (being able to drive, vote, and buy alcohol), I don't really get excited for them anymore.  I would rather just avoid them as I am not one of these crazy people who will age gracefully.  I really enjoy my children's birthdays so it is nothing against birthday....just getting old.  Anyway, my husband and girls have been known to ride their bikes all over the neighborhood and have so much fun.  I recently went with them on one of their journeys and had a great time.  I do not own a bike but we have an extra that was gotten at a yard sale.  I had so much fun with them!  Mike and I decided I really need my own bike so we did some shopping.  Since it was my birthday, I took my birthday money (yes, my parents still give me birthday money at my age!) and ran to the store and picked up a bike we found on the internet on sale.  There was exactly one left at the very top of the racks so I grabbed it up.  Took it for a test ride with my girls and it was great!  I think the girls are really excited to have an extra riding buddy and I think it will be great cross training for me in addition to running.  This bike isn't the top of the line or anything but it is a decent mountain bike that I can use in the neighborhood and on trails.  And it is my favorite color!  Cute definitely helps.  The picture below makes it look more like mint green but it is really more aqua blue.  Time to hit the trails!


No comments:

Post a Comment