Sunday, February 12, 2012

Groovy Sewing

My girls inherited several Groovy Girl dolls from some friends a few years back and enjoy brining them out every now and then and playing together.  The only problem is the girls are a little short on clothes. K has most of the outfits but there are still not enough.  Needless to say there are way too many naked dolls around their rooms. 

I found some easy patterns from CraftGossip.com to make an A line skirt and a strappy top. I modified the pattern slightly just for time.  I used a zig zag stitch on all the edges since I don't plan to wash these clothes and I didn't sew down the velcro.  


My girls are really excited about the first outfit I made tonight. I hope to make some more sets out of my scrap fabrics in the coming weeks.  Total project took probably 30-45 minutes for both the top and skirt, and that included searching for the supplies.

Thanks to CrafGossip.com for the tutorials:
Free Pattern Strappy Top for a Groovy Girl
Free Pattern A Line Skirt for a Groovy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment