Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tornados and Turkeys

Today was the Thanksgiving program at my little one's school. I left work to watch 3-6 year olds sing adorable songs about turkeys and then enjoy eating some turkey with my baby. I was almost to the school when the weather alarm started going off. When I arrived, all the kids were huddled in the girls' locker room riding out the storm. I think they were in there an hour or so. The kids were so good, especially considering the small space and how warm and stuffy it was.

Finally, the tornado warning expired and we were released. The kids, dressed like pilgrims and Native Americans, sang the cutest songs. I was excited to get to eat lunch with Elizabeth. It was pretty good food as far as school lunches go and we sat at the table with one of E's best friends.


1 comment: